SUBSCRIBE & LISTEN BELOW:
Thomas Evans, a.k.a. Detour, is an all-around creative specializing in large scale public art, interactive visuals, portraiture, immersive spaces, and creative directing. His focus is to create work where art and innovation meet.
A born collaborator and “military brat,” Detour pulls from every conceivable experience that shapes his landscapes and perspectives. Explaining Detour’s work is no easy task, as ongoing experimentations in visual art, music, and interactive technologies have his practice continually expanding.
With his ever-evolving approach to art, Detour’s focus is on expanding customary views of creativity and challenging fine-art paradigms by mixing traditional mediums with new approaches—all the while opening up the creative process from that of a singular artist, to one that thrives on multi-layered collaboration and viewer participation.
In this episode, we discuss…
- How Detour started his art career
- How he grew and leveraged his network to grow his art career
- How past jobs help you become a better business owner
- Different ways to go about pricing murals
- A look into the different streams of income Detour has in his business
- The importance of delegating tasks as you grow your business
- And so much more!
Social Media & Links:
More of Detour’s Work: