SUBSCRIBE & LISTEN BELOW:
Illustrator and author Lisa Congdon, living and working in Portland, Oregon, is best known for her colorful, graphic drawings and hand lettering. She works for clients around the world including Comme des Garçons, Crate and Barrel, Facebook, MoMA, REI, Target and Harvard University among many others. She is the author of eight books, including Art Inc: The Essential Guide to Building Your Career as an Artist and her latest book Find Your Artistic Voice: The Essential Guide to Working Your Creative Magic.
She was named one of 40 Women Over 40 to Watch in 2015 and she is featured in the 2017 book, 200 Women Who Will Change the Way you See the World.
With over 400k followers on Instagram, and 14+ online classes centered around creativity and art business with well over 100k students, my convo with Lisa Congdon is definitely one you’re gonna wanna tune into!
In this episode, we discuss…
- How Lisa got into an art career as a second career and her journey to becoming a full-time artist in her 40s
- How she was able to quit her job and go all in on her art business
- What her experience was like dealing with imposter syndrome and how she got through it
- What it’s like to work with an agent and how to go about finding one
- What streams of income she has in place and which one is her bread & butter
- Who her team consists of and how to let go and delegate
- And so much more!
Social Media & Links:
More of Lisa Congdon: